Vox Pop Entertainment, Inc. (“Vox Pop,” “Competitive Edge Voice Training,” “Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), our teachers, and our partners welcome you.
Any user who registers with us (each, a “Student”) and wishes to purchase a class, series of classes, course, training material, product, or service through the Site, is agreeing to the terms of this Agreement and the accompanying Terms and Conditions of Purchase with respect to each such class, series of classes, course, training material, product, or service, which can be found on the relevant check-out page. In the event of any conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the Terms and Conditions of Purchase, the Terms and Condition of Purchase shall control.
THE SECTIONS BELOW TITLED “BINDING ARBITRATION” AND “CLASS ACTION WAIVER” CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. THEY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THEM.
2. The Site is only available for individuals aged 18 years or older. By using the Site as a Visitor or registering as a Student, you are representing that you are at least eighteen (18) years old.
5. You must provide current, complete, and accurate billing and credit card information. You must promptly update all billing information (such as billing address, card number, and expiration date) to keep your account current, complete, and accurate, and you must promptly contact us if your credit card is lost or stolen, or if you become aware of a potential breach of account security (such as an unauthorized disclosure or use of your Username or Password). You hereby authorize Vox Pop to obtain or determine updated or replacement expiration dates for your credit card in the event that the credit card you provided us expires. We reserve the right to charge any renewal credit card in the event that the credit card you provided us expires. We reserve the right to charge any renewal card issued to you to the same extent as the expired card. If payment is not received from your credit card issuer, you hereby agree to pay all amounts due upon demand. You agree to pay all costs of collection, including attorneys’ fees and costs, on any outstanding balance. In certain instances, the issuer of your credit card may charge you a foreign transaction fee or related charges, which you will be responsible to pay. You are advised to check with your bank and credit card issuer for details.
7. Visitors may view all publicly-available Content for their own personal, non-commercial use. Students who have purchased any product, course, or service, may download onto their own machines and view any Content contained in such purchased product, course, or service for their own personal, non-commercial use. Other than as expressly set forth in the immediately two preceding sentences, you have no other rights in or to the Content (other than your own content that you may post to the Site), and you will not use the Content except as permitted under this Agreement. No other use is permitted without the prior written consent of Vox Pop and the third party Content creator (if applicable). Vox Pop retains all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Content. You must retain and not obscure, cover, or delete all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content. You may not sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, or modify the Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use or posting of the Content on any other website, social media page, or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is expressly prohibited.
8. If you violate any part of this Agreement, your permission to access and/or use the Content and the Site automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Content.
9. All trade names, trademarks, and images and biographical information of people used in the Content and contained in the Site, including without limitation the name and trademark “Competitive Edge Voice Training,” and “Character Acting Academy” (collectively, the “Trademarks”), are either the property of, or used with permission by, Vox Pop . Nothing contained in this Agreement or in the Site shall be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark or other proprietary information without the express written consent of Vox Pop and/or the applicable third party owner in each instance. Vox Pop respects the copyright, trademark and all other intellectual property rights of others. Use of our Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. All goodwill generated from the use of Vox Pop’s Trademarks inures to our benefit. Elements of the Site are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other state and federal laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part, by any means, including, but not limited to, the use of framing or mirrors. None of the Content may be retransmitted without our express, written consent for each and every instance.
11. You may come across materials that you find offensive or inappropriate while using the Site. We make no representations concerning any Student Content. Vox Pop is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of content posted by Students that you accessed. You release us from all liability relating to that Student Content.
12. You hereby represent and warrant that any and all Student Content that you upload is your original creation (or that you otherwise have the sole and exclusive right to authorize us to use the Student Content pursuant to this Agreement), that you have all rights necessary to grant the license to the Student Content under the prior paragraph, and that it and its use by Vox Pop and its content partners as permitted by this Agreement does not and will not (i) infringe on the rights of any third parties; (ii) misappropriate the intellectual property or moral rights of any person; (iii) contain any libelous, defamatory, or obscene material; or (iv) contain any content that violates this Agreement.,
13. If you believe that your intellectual property rights are being violated and/or that any work belonging to you has been reproduced on the Site or in any Content in any way, you may notify us. Our designated agent under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) for the receipt of any Notification of Claimed Infringement which may be given under the DMCA is as follows:
Vox Pop Entertainment, Inc.
4111 West Alameda Avenue, Suite 505
Burbank, CA 91505
If you believe that your work has been copied on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our agent with notice in accordance with the requirements of the DMCA, including (i) a description of the copyrighted work and the specific location on the Site where such work is located; (ii) a description of the location of the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work; (iii) your address, telephone number and email address; (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; (v) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; (vi) an electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and (vii) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that you acknowledge that under Section 512(f) of the Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages and that such abuse may also result in termination of my Student account.
If your Student Content has been taken down pursuant to this Paragraph 13 and you have a bona fide good faith belief that such removal was in error and that you have all rights necessary to post such Student Content, you may submit a counter notice via email to: info@CompetitiveEdgeVoiceTraining.com
14. While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, we make no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Vox Pop assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
15. When you register with the Company and/or this Site, you expressly consent to receive any notices, announcements, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications concerning new products or services, or other records or correspondence from the Company. You consent to receive notices electronically by way of transmitting the notice to you by email.
17. The Company shall use commercially reasonable efforts to restrict unauthorized access to our data and files. However no system whether or not password protected can be entirely impenetrable. You acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorized third party to access, view, copy, modify, or distribute the data and files you store using the Site. Use of the Site is completely at your own risk.
18. IN CONNECTION WITH ANY WARRANTY, CONTRACT, OR COMMON LAW TORT CLAIMS: TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW NEITHER THE COMPANY, NOR OUR EMPLOYEES, NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAINTAINING THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE CONTENT IN THE SITE, THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, THE SUITABILITY OF SUCH MATERIALS FOR ANY USER’S NEEDS OR THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEIR USE WILL MEET ANY USER’S EXPECTATIONS, OR THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTION. THE COMPANY LIKEWISE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL EARN ANY MONEY USING THE SITE, FROM TAKING ANY OF COMPANY’S COURSES, OR THE COMPANY’S TECHNOLOGY OR SERVICES. YOU ACCEPT ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVALUATING YOUR OWN EARNING POTENTIAL AS WELL AS EXECUTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND SERVICES. YOUR EARNING POTENTIAL IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON YOUR OWN PRODUCTS, IDEAS, TECHNIQUES; YOUR EXECUTION OF YOUR BUSINESS PLAN; THE TIME YOU DEVOTE TO THE COURSES, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES OFFERED AND UTILIZED; AS WELL AS YOUR FINANCES, YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND YOUR SKILL. SINCE THESE FACTORS DIFFER AMONG ALL INDIVIDUALS, THE COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING YOUR SUCCESS OR INCOME LEVEL. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE COURSES AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM BUGS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR SERVICE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. ANY SUCH PROBLEM SHALL BE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PROVIDER. IN NO EVENT SHALL VOX POP’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES THAT YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT BE GREATER THAN THE FEES YOU HAVE PAID US IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PURCHASES YOU HAVE MADE FROM US DURING THE THREE (3) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENTS GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties. Some of the above exclusions may thus not apply to you. THE SITE MAY CONTAIN TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS. UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH TYPOGRAPHICAL, TECHNICAL, OR PRICING ERRORS LISTED ON THE WEBSITES. THE WEBSITES MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION ON CERTAIN PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, NOT ALL OF WHICH ARE AVAILABLE IN EVERY LOCATION. A REFERENCE TO A PRODUCT OR SERVICE ON THE WEBSITES DOES NOT IMPLY THAT SUCH PRODUCT OR SERVICE IS OR WILL BE AVAILABLE IN YOUR LOCATION.
19. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES, CORRECTIONS, AND/OR IMPROVEMENTS TO THE WEBSITES AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
21. If you are a Student, you hereby warrant, represent, and covenant that: (a) You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to all trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary, privacy, and publicity rights in and to your Student Content and any other works that you incorporate into your Student Content, and all the rights necessary to grant the licenses and permissions you grant hereunder; (b) Use of your Student Content in the manners contemplated in this Agreement shall not violate or misappropriate the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, contractual, or other rights of any third party; and (c) You shall not submit to the Site any Student Content that violates any term of this Agreement.
22. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Company and each of its directors, officers employees, agents, successors, licensees, and assigns harmless from any and all liabilities, losses, actions, claims, damages and/or expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s and accounting fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your breach or alleged breach of this Agreement, (ii) any violation by you of law or the rights of any third party, (iii) any materials, information, works and/or other content of whatever nature or media that you post or share on or through the Site, (iv) your use or misuse of the Site or any services that the Company may provide via the Site, and (v) your conduct in connection with the Site or the services or with other users of the Site or the services. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control (at your expense) of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such an event, you shall provide the Company with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the Company in assisting our defense of such matter.
24. The Site is based in the United States. We make no claims concerning whether the Content may be downloaded, viewed, or be appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access the Site or the Content from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk. Whether inside or outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction. This Agreement and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of California and the federal laws of the United States without regard to conflict of laws provisions.
25. REFUND, PAYMENTS, AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Regarding Recurring Payments and Outstanding Invoices: If all eligible payment methods we have on file for you are declined for payment of your monthly or annual subscription fee, you must provide us a new eligible payment method promptly or your membership will be canceled and your Student account may be terminated. Our subscription based memberships will renew automatically without notice from us unless you notify us before a charge that you would like to cancel or you do not want to renew your program, you understand that your membership will automatically continue and you authorize us (without notice to you, unless required by applicable law) to collect any and all outstanding receivables, using any eligible payment method we have on record for your account.
Please do not enroll in Competitive Edge Voice Training courses or memberships if you just want to “audit”, or “dabble”. We have put an extraordinary amount of time, money and effort into our programs, community, and customer support, and we will hold you to the same standard. Competitive Edge Voice Training is for serious actors, ESL students, lawyers, and leaders only.
THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO STUDENTS WHO ARE DMC and CAP MEMBERS –
• We have a 90-day cancellation policy (read our vision and commitment above). You must go through the training, do the assignments, implement what you learn.
• If you reach out after 90 days to show us that you’ve kept up with all the work (you have to show us proof), you are a talented actor, accepted into the Academy by audition, and for some other reason still haven’t improved or made any progress with your dialects, voice, acting chops, or career, then the commitment will be happily be terminated. Keep in mind that Eliza Jane Schneider’s career and that of others in your Industry Webinar program are not typical. A career takes time to build, and voices take time to train, sometimes up to 12 months of consistently doing the work to see results as everyone is completely unique and there are many variables.
• You agree to do the work, be determined, and not give up.
• The Character Acting Program courses are for actors who are committed to learning and implementing new techniques into their acting work, and NOT for dilettantes only interested in pursuing acting on the side.
• And we will be strict on this last point—you absolutely must do the homework and show up to class to be eligible for cancellation. (There may be exceptions for things that happen that are out of your control and these can be addressed with our support team on a case by case basis, but you must allow two (2) full business days for a response and email us at email@example.com).
THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO STUDENTS WHO ARE ONGOING DMC MEMBERS AND/OR MEMBERS OF THE CHARACTER ACTING PROGRAM –
• Student’s billing account or credit card will be automatically charged on the same date as the original transaction date on each corresponding month or on the final date of the month if there is no corresponding date.
• Discounts or other special offers (if any) are only valid for the initial term. If you join at a special discounted rate, you will remain at that rate for the lifetime of your subscription. If you cancel your subscription and choose to reactivate at a later date, you will join at the current full subscription rate.
• Competitive Edge Voice Training may terminate your subscription if we are unable to renew the subscription based on inaccurate or outdated credit card information.
• At the discretion of Competitive Edge Voice Training, Students who choose to use PayPal to remit automated subscription payments for their program and do not comply with payment terms, will be required to use a credit card to maintain their account access.
• Membership subscription payments only apply to the program for which they are registered. Subscriptions cannot be transferred to another program for any reason. If you wish to upgrade your subscription, your old subscription will be cancelled, and the new subscription will begin at the current full subscription rate. The new subscription will not be prorated.
• Students with previous lifetime access to any course are limited to their downloads. We are not responsible for any lost files.
• All resources are only accessible as long as you are a subscriber. Downloads of any resources will not be available.
THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO STUDENTS WHO PURCHASE INDIVIDUAL PROGRAMS
• Student’s billing account or credit card will be automatically charged based on the agreed-to payment plan at the secure online checkout.
• Discounts or other special offers offered to students are only valid for their initial purchase. If you purchase via a payment plan, your payment agreement will be finalized at your checkout.
• Competitive Edge Voice Training may terminate any Student account at any time if we are unable to collect payments due, based on inaccurate or outdated credit card information.
• At the discretion of Competitive Edge Voice Training, Students who choose to use PayPal to remit automated payments for their program and do not comply with payment terms, will be required to use a credit card to maintain their account access.
• Students will have access to their program purchase online for an initial period of one year. Students may have the option to extend their program access for an additional cost.
• Students who are DMC or CAP members are required to complete three months of subscription payments. If you withdraw early, you will lose all access to the course material and course progress. If you choose to rejoin the program, you will have to complete a new registration and begin the course from the beginning.
• After your initial required payment terms as defined by your checkout, you can cancel your subscription at any time.
• If you wish to cancel your subscription, you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Your membership will end when you cancel.
For enrollment of the live INNER CIRCLE Character Acting Program, your acceptance and scheduling of the “BONUS” offerings for the perfection of your home studio with Dan Lenard, your 15-minute “BONUS” private call with founder Eliza Jane Schneider, or any additional live offerings obligate you to commit to at least the first three months of coursework. You are expected to complete the entire ten-month program. At that point, you will be considered a graduate and will be eligible for our ongoing graduate programs, including the free industry showcases. All “showcases” or student performances are conducted free of charge, outside the scope of the paid program, by invitation only. There is no guarantee that you will be invited to any “showcases” or student performances. Casting directors and other industry professionals who may be invited to watch you, work with you, or review your demos are being asked to do so outside the context of class.
26. DISCLAIMER: The results discussed in our Content are our personal results and in some cases the results of previous or existing clients. Please understand these results are not typical. We’re not implying you’ll duplicate them (or do anything for that matter). The average person who watches “how to” information/webinars gets little to no results. We’re using these references for example purposes only. Your results will vary and depend on many factors including but not limited to your background, experience, and work ethic. All business entails risk as well as massive and consistent effort and action. If you’re not willing to accept that, please DO NOT ATTEND THIS TRAINING.
27. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate this Agreement and your access to all or any part of the Site, at any time and for any reason without notice or liability. We reserve the right to changes, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Site, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. The Sections of this Agreement discussing fees and payments (until you pay all fees and taxes due hereunder), intellectual property, Student Content, communications with us, limitations of liability, no warranties, representations and warranties, indemnification, termination of the Agreement, controlling law, binding arbitration, class action waiver, equitable relief shall survive termination of this Agreement.
29. BINDING ARBITRATION: In the event of a dispute arising under or relating to this Agreement, the Content, or the Site (each, a “Dispute”), either party may elect to finally and exclusively resolve the dispute by binding arbitration governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) in Los Angeles, California. Any election to arbitrate, at any time, shall be final and binding on the other party. IF EITHER PARTY CHOOSES ARBITRATION, NEITHER PARTY SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE SUCH CLAIM IN COURT OR TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL, EXCEPT EITHER PARTY MAY BRING ITS CLAIM IN ITS LOCAL SMALL CLAIMS COURT, IF PERMITTED BY THAT SMALL CLAIMS COURT RULES AND IF WITHIN SUCH COURT’S JURISDICTION. ARBITRATION IS DIFFERENT FROM COURT, AND DISCOVERY AND APPEAL RIGHTS MAY ALSO BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. All disputes will be resolved before a neutral arbitrator selected jointly by the parties, whose decision will be final, except for a limited right of appeal under the FAA. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted by JAMS pursuant to its then current Comprehensive Arbitration Rules www.adr.org and Procedures and in accordance with the Expedited Procedures in those rules, or, where appropriate, pursuant to JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures. All applicable JAMS’ rules and procedures are available at the JAMS website www.jamsadr.com. Each party will be responsible for paying any JAMS filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees in accordance with JAMS rules. Judgment on the arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. If conducted in person, the arbitration shall take place in the United States county where you reside. The parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, to stay a proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator. The parties shall cooperate in good faith in the voluntary and informal exchange of all non-privileged documents and other information (including electronically stored information) relevant to the Dispute immediately after commencement of the arbitration. As set forth in below, nothing in this Agreement will prevent us from seeking injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction as necessary to protect our proprietary interests.
30. CLASS ACTION WAIVER: You agree that any arbitration or proceeding shall be limited to the Dispute between us and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (i) no arbitration or proceeding shall be joined with any other; (ii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated or resolved on a class action-basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (iii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
31. You acknowledge and agree that in the event of a breach or threatened violation of our intellectual property rights and confidential and proprietary information by you, we will suffer irreparable harm and will therefore be entitled to injunctive relief to enforce this Agreement. We may, without waiving any other remedies under this Agreement, seek from any court having jurisdiction any interim, equitable, provisional, or injunctive relief that is necessary to protect our rights and property pending the outcome of the arbitration referenced above. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the personal and subject matter jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in the State of California, County of Los Angeles for purposes of any such action by us.
32. Our failure to act on or enforce any provision of the Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of that provision or any other provision in this Agreement. No waiver shall be effective against us unless made in writing, and no such waiver shall be construed as a waiver in any other or subsequent instance. Except as expressly agreed by us and you in writing, this Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter, and supersedes all previous or contemporaneous agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties with respect to the subject matter. The section headings are provided merely for convenience and shall not be given any legal import. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns, licensees, and sublicensees.
Last Updated: March 8, 2021
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND PRIVACY
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Competitive Edge Voice Training’s website for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
modify or copy the materials;
use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Competitive Edge Voice Training’s website;
remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Competitive Edge Voice Training at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Competitive Edge Voice Training’s website are provided “as is”. Competitive Edge Voice Training makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Competitive Edge Voice Training does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Competitive Edge Voice Training or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Competitive Edge Voice Training’s Internet site, even if Competitive Edge Voice Training or a Competitive Edge Voice Training authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Competitive Edge Voice Training’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Competitive Edge Voice Training does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Competitive Edge Voice Training may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Competitive Edge Voice Training does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Competitive Edge Voice Training has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Competitive Edge Voice Training of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Any claim relating to Competitive Edge Voice Training’s website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Website
Information We Automatically Collect
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our websites, we collect certain information from users. Please do not provide any sensitive information or health information. We do not want, nor will we ask for sensitive information. Competitive Edge Voice Training’s web presence is not designed to process sensitive information. We collect personal information, such as your name, email address, phone number and contact information, company name, title, division, industry and location when you log in or opt in for one of our complimentary education resources. We may also deliver surveys and inquire about voluntary client testimonials based on the programs offered. If you make a purchase, we will collect your payment, billing and shipping information.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled, and some of the features that make Competitive Edge Voice Training’s website experience more efficient may not function properly.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies.
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) in connection with Competitive Edge Voice Training websites to, among other things, track the activities of visitors and users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our websites We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Use of Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
To provide our services to you, including to deliver appropriate training and email training notifications to you.
To track your progress in completing courses.
To deliver products and certificates for selected programs.
To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
To ask for ratings and reviews of our services and products.
To improve Competitive Edge Voice Training websites in order to better serve you.
To contact you for marketing purposes, including to send you personalized and relevant information through email and text messaging in accordance with local law and consent requirements. You may unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by using the “unsubscribe” feature in any marketing emails you receive from us.
To provide customer support and to follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
To offer and deliver content based on vertical markets and/or your initial training path.
To comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to a subpoena or court order.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. We have put in place security measures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our websites. Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
We do not share your personal information you enter into our websites or webforms for third-party marketing use. However, we may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. We take appropriate steps to ensure that such third parties treat your personal information with the same consideration that we do. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Competitive Edge Voice Training is a company based in Seychelles. In accordance with local laws, we will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection as required by applicable law, such as through the use of the EU standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, relevant national equivalents outside the EU, or other safeguards as permissible. By providing us with your personal information, you expressly acknowledge that we may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions which may not provide equivalent levels of data protection to your home jurisdiction.
We may also share information in the following circumstances:
Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Special Information for California Consumers; Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information about you for the third party’s own marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response to you. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days. You may request this information in writing by contacting the Privacy Officer identified in section “Contacting Us” below.
Third-Party Websites and Interaction
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Competitive Edge Voice Training’s websites and learning management system are designed and may only be used by those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age in most jurisdictions). By entering information on our websites or using our learning management system, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
Access to Information
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, or have any complaints about our web presence, please inform us as soon as possible at the address below. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable local law.
You can also update certain of your personal information by logging into your account or contacting us below. Please note that we may maintain a copy of any personal data that you have updated for a period of time as part of our backups and business records; please see the “Retention of Your Information” section below for an explanation of our retention practices.
EU users have additional rights in respect of your personal information; for example, to access or erase your personal information, object to our use of it, or require it be made available in a portable format. If these rights apply to you, and you would like to exercise them, please contact us using details set out below.
Retention of Your Information
Competitive Edge Voice Training applies a general rule of keeping your personal information for only as long as is required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax or accounting obligations, or where we would like to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaint or challenge.
Changes to this Policy
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at info@CompetitiveEdgeVoice.com.