Character Acting Academy 2022-23
On this page:
CURRICULUM and COURSES
You’ve received an email with your student login information: your user name, which is always first name.last name, and a temporary password.
When you log in you’ll be able to reset your password.
At https://competitiveedgevoice.com/ use the STUDENT LOGIN button at the top right to get to the Student Portal, where you’ll find:
- Links to the Student Calendar, Resources, Dialect Database, Safety Net, and Your Account
- Announcements – check here often to stay informed!
- Orientation to the Student Portal
- Scroll down to see all your Courses. Inside each course you’ll find class replays, links, and material
- Complete your New Student Survey here.
- If you haven’t already, book your 15-minute Introductory Call / Point A Meeting with Eliza Jane here.
- At the beginning of the term, you’ll receive a Peer Workout Group Scheduling Survey. Return as soon as possible so that we can place you in a group!
- Join the Accents and Dialect Inner Circle Facebook group
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
From here, we may forward your curriculum questions to Eliza Kelley, firstname.lastname@example.org, or your technical issues to our webmaster, Dylan Paul.
Once you’re settled in your Peer Workout Group, your group leader, also known as your TA, can be an additional resource for answering questions or communicating to us any questions or concerns
- Email is our primary way to communicate with you! Please whitelist our domain, @competitiveedgevoice.com, and check your Promotions and Spam folders periodically to make sure you don’t miss important updates.
- Check the Announcements section in the Student Portal regularly for news and updates about courses, webinar guests and events.
Curriculum and Courses
Here is your CAP 22-23 STUDENT CURRICULUM GUIDE
NOTE: Due to the quick-changing nature of the VO world, this document is fluid! There will be changes and additions throughout the year! Watch for updates in your emails, in the Announcements, and on the Calendar.
The 2022-23 term runs through the end of August 2023, with holiday breaks indicated on the Curriculum Guide and the Student Calendar.
Self Directed Courses
Several self-directed Courses are already in your Portal! These include the Accents and Dialects Masterclass, Eliza Jane’s 3-Prong Method, Navigating the Business of VO and the Industry Expert Webinar Library
Guest Instructor Courses, Dialect Surveys and Deep Dives, and other special classes will be held at various times throughout the year.
We’ll keep you updated on course schedules via email and Announcements
Refer to the Student Calendar for dates, times and Zoom links
Replays: Don’t worry if you miss a live class. Recordings of most classes will be posted to the website, where you’ll be able to view them for the duration of the course.
Participation / Audit Policy
- Inner Circle members may participate live in all courses.
- CAP members are invited to audit all courses; please enter with camera and microphone off.
- Live participation in some courses may be offered to CAP students with separate enrollment. We’ll let you know!
Peer Workout Groups
You’ll be placed in a Workout Group that meets weekly, at a Zoom link hosted by your TA. This is your space to practice on mic, connect with other actors, and play!
These take place one Saturday morning each month. Here Eliza Jane will correct your springboards, answer your questions and help you with any material you’re working on.
Please SUBMIT your springboards, demos, or any materials you want to work on in the Hotseat in advance!
Submitting Files: Auditions, Springboards, Demos for review, etc
All audio files are submitted using the same Form, found on this page.
Please use the naming convention shown on the Form when submitting your audio files!
Live Industry Webinars
These will be held the last Thursday evening OR Saturday morning of each month, depending on the busy schedules of our Industry Guests.
Each month, you’ll enjoy a visit and Q&A session with a different VO Industry expert!
Watch your email for webinar announcements. Details can also be found in the Announcements section of the Student Portal, and on the Student Calendar.